Saturday, June 5, 2010

Whom I met today: The Govn'r!



Another person I had the honor of meeting was the governor of Tennessee, Phil Bredesen! He is a democrat, as am I, so it was a special honor. The reason why he visited the USA Pavilion at the Shanghai Expo is that Tennessee was one of the official state sponsors of the USA Pavilion! The number of state sponsors, in case you were wondering, is just 3: Tennessee, Texas, and Hawaii. It was especially significant for me, considering I am the only student born and raised in Tennessee.
As a continuance to a discussion I had had with our Commissioner General Jose Villareal, we discussed Memphis's BBQ scene with Governor Bredesen: "Mark claims that Memphis has really good BBQ!" Governor Bredesen replied "It's not just a claim, it fact!" To which CG Villareal was put off and brought up the idea of a BBQ challenge to defend the honor of his home city San Antonio. (Hasn't happened yet)

1 comment:

  1. If you are going to keep a blog, you must blog regularly to get your followers coming back.

    Or your followers would think the worst of you?

    ReplyDelete